“Hi, we’re BLACKPINK! 안녕하세요, 블랙핑크입니다.”
BLACKPINK is one of K-pop’s biggest success stories, known for catchy but fierce dance jams and aesthetically gorgeous (and EXPENSIVE) music videos. As a representative girl group of YG Entertainment – one of the most famous K-pop agencies – they’ve been catching people’s attention since 2016. They managed to earn their first music show win less than two weeks after debut, which was a record at the time. Though they’ve always had a particularly large fanbase for a K-pop group, their popularity exploded with the release of iconic hit “DDU-DU DDU-DU” in 2018. It is currently their most-watched music video on YouTube, as well as the fastest K-pop group video to reach over 1 billion views. BLACKPINK’s influence has recently started to reach towards the West, and it’s only grown stronger as they performed at Coachella and collaborated with famous female singers like Dua Lipa, Lady Gaga, Selena Gomez, and Cardi B. In 2020, BLACKPINK released their highly anticipated first full album (The Album), which is a massive hit. And not only do these ladies dominate the music scene, they also dominate the fashion world: all four members frequently do magazine photoshoots and are global ambassadors for brands like Chanel, Dior, Yves Saint Laurent, Celine, Bvlgari, and more. It’s like the girls said in one of their songs: “BLACKPINK is the revolution.”
- Members: Jisoo, Jennie, Rosé, Lisa
- Member Age Range: Members born from 1995 (Jisoo) to 1997 (Rosé and Lisa)
- Agency: YG Entertainment
- Debut Date: August 8, 2016
- Name Meaning: Black and pink are the two colors that best represent the girls’ personalites. Their “black” side has a fiercer and glamorous girl crush style, while their “pink” side is softer and girlier. They release music in both styles (usually a little more “black” than “pink”), but their latest songs are always head-banging dance jams.
- Twitter: @BLACKPINKOFFICIAL
- Instagram: @blackpinkofficial
- YouTube Channel: @BLACKPINK
- Fandom Name: Blink (a mixture of the words “black” and “pink”)
- Fandom Colors: Unofficially black and pink (though it would be weird if they turned out to be something else)
BLACKPINK’s official light stick
Click on the picture to go to the profile!
Other BLACKPINK Pages
Click the picture to go to the page!
Music Show Wins
Sales and Streaming
Variety Shows and Essential Content
B-Sides I Like
Special Stages and Dance Covers
How I Feel About BLACKPINK
Select Photoshoots and Interviews
NOTE: Most images used on this page are official BLACKPINK images for teasers, products, or merchandise; those images belong to YG Entertainment. Some other pictures are also cover images for certain pages I made; they will have their source credit on those specific pages.