“안녕하세요, 여자친구 입니다!”
Not only is GFriend is one of South Korea’s most popular girl groups, but they are also one of the most successful girl groups to come from a smaller company. Formed by Source Music in 2015, GFriend started to gain attention when a clip of them performing their single “Me Gustas Tu” went viral. The video was of an outdoor concert in the rain, and GFriend was praised for their professionalism as they continued to perform after multiple falls. At the start of 2016, GFriend shot to stardom as their single “Rough” broke all sorts of records and won 15 music show trophies. Ever since, they have been a household name that releases hit after hit. Originally known for their “powerful innocent” concept of wholesome songs and dynamic of choreography, GFriend has evolved over the years and now excels at delivering music with highly emotional and sentimental components.
- Members: Sowon, Yerin, Eunha, Yuju, SinB, Umji
- Member Age Range: Members born from 1995 (Sowon) to 1998 (SinB and Umji)
- Agency: Source Music, Big Hit Labels
- Source Music was acquired by Big Hit Entertainment in 2019. Although it still functions as its own separate label, Big Hit also considers GFriend one of its artists.
- Debut Date: January 15, 2015
- Name Meaning: In Korean, GFriend is called 여자친구 (yeoja chingu), which is the Korean word for “girlfriend.”
- Twitter: @GFRDofficial
- Instagram: @gfriendofficial
- YouTube Channel: @여자친구 GFRIEND OFFICIAL
- Fandom Name: Buddy (because GFriend wants to be friends with their fans)
- Fandom Colors: Cloud Dancer, Scuba Blue, and Ultra Violet (see below)
GFriend’s Official Light Stick (Version 2)
Click on a member’s picture to learn more!
Other GFriend Pages
Click the picture to go to the page!
Variety Shows and Essential Content
Music Show Wins, Achievements, and Awards
How I Feel About GFriend
Special Stages and Dance Covers
NOTE: Most images used on this page are official GFriend images for teasers, products, or merchandise; those images belong to Source Music and Big Hit Labels. Some other pictures are also cover images for certain pages I made; they will have their source credit on those specific pages.